|Quantity 1-4||Quantity 5-9||Quantity 10+|
|$19.95 each||$18.95 each||$17.95 each|
- 22" long x 6" wide x 4" tall, Approximately 10 lbs. each
- No mounting hardware required - simply place the block in front of tire
Accident-Proof Your Garage with this Checklist
In addition to a garage parking aid, consider the following elements for a safe home garage. This oft-overlooked area of the home is prone to clutter, which can cause stress and lead to serious accidents. Use this simple checklist to eliminate hazards, improve functionality, and increase peace of mind.
Slipping & Tripping
- Hoist bulky seasonal items such as bicycles, canoes, kayaks, and patio furniture to the ceiling using industrial hooks or a rope-and-pulley.
- Store ladders horizontally so children aren’t tempted to climb.
- Condense outdoor/sports gear -- balls, rackets, bats, gloves, clubs, fishing rods, etc – into large, stackable plastic bins.
- Store unused garden tools in a separate container; keep them completely covered.
- Once the floor is clear, clean grease stains and apply epoxy-based paint to repel oil and other slipping hazards.
- Keep a supply of kitty litter to absorb oil spills.
- Install motion-activated lights to prevent fumbling in the dark.
Fire, Chemicals & Electric Shock
- Place combustible liquids in color-coded containers, make sure all containers are tightly sealed -- a tiny spark can ignite vapors.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near the door to your home, or the garage exit.
- Equip your garage with a smoke and carbon monoxide detector; change batteries regularly.
- Keep poisonous liquids – including pesticides, weed killers, fertilizers, antifreeze, motor oil and windshield-washer solution, adhesives, paints and paint thinner – inside locking drawers.
- Unplug power tools and use plug locks and/or outlet covers to avoid electrical accidents.
The Garage Door
- Choose manual garage doors that use a counter weight – not a coil
- Choose automatic garage doors that stop or reverse when they make contact with an object – this could be an automobile or a child’s head
- Install an automatic light that switches on when the garage door opens
Parking in a home garage can be exceptionally tricky – space is tight and typically lined with valuables. If there’s a teen driver, a senior, or an overworked parent at home, an accident may be a matter of time. Keep your garage clean and well lit, and simplify the parking process with a garage parking aid. These basic devices run about $10-$40 and most do not require installation. For the device that best suits your needs, consult the chart below
|Cost||Target||Resistance||Height||Visibility||Material Strength||Stability||Installation||Electrical Source|
|Garage Block||$20||Front Tires||Maximum||4"||Embedded 'Cats-Eye' Reflectors||Solid, Ultra-durable recycled rubber||Wedges in place||None||None|
|Ball n String||$10||Windshield||None||N/A||Lights up on contact||String elongates over times||N/A||Attach to garage door||Disposable batteries|
|Parking Mat||$20||Tire Length||Minimal||1"||Reflective Sticker||Rubber; Hollow bumper||Shifts over time||None||N/A|
|Laser Sensor||$40||Windshield||None||N/A||Color Beam||N/A||N/A||Self-install; at least 8' ceiling||110V AC Adapter/ 9V Battery|
|Peel 'n' Stick||$10||Front Tire||Minimal||1"||Reflective Sticker||Hollow PVC Plastic||Adhesive required||Adhere to floor||N/A|
|LED Sign||$20||Bumper||None||NA||Lights up on contact||Springs back||4-prong base||None||Disposable Batteries|
Dense recycled tire rubber w/ embedded reflectors; 4" high and angled to catch front tire -- wedges on contact.
Ball & String
Plastic ball hangs at the driver’s vantage point -- lights up if bumped.
Low front and back bumpers designate space for tire; front reflective strip.
Shoots colored beams at entering cars, aimed at "stop-target" on windshield.
Peel ‘n’ Stick
Self-adhering, hollow PVC bump marks the stopping place; top covered with reflective sticker.
LED Parking Sign
Stop sign sits eye level with the driver -- springs backwards and lights up if hit.