Parking Blocks, Parking Stops, Parking Curbs, Curb Stops, Car Stops, whatever name you know them by, recycled plastic and rubber parking lot blocks have revolutionized parking lot construction and maintenance. No longer are you stuck using heavy and difficult to install concrete blocks. Now you have choices!
In addition to being light enough that one person can install them (without heavy rental equipment), plastic and rubber parking blocks aren't affected by the weather, making them virtually maintenance free.
In Stock and available in up to four colors; safety yellow, gray, handicapped blue and white, The Traffic Safety Store can quickly supply you with all the parking curbs you need.
Recycled Rubber Parking Blocks
6', 4' & 3' Lengths
As Low As $19.95View Products
Recycled Plastic Commercial Blocks
6' & Lightweight
As Low As $36.45View Products
Industrial Plastic Parking Blocks
6' Plastic Blocks
Four Color Choices
As Low As $39.70View Products
Heavy-Duty Solid Plastic Blocks
6' & 4' Lengths
Heavy Solid Plastic
As Low As $41.25View Products
Economy Solid Plastic Parking Blocks
6' Solid Plastic
As Low As $33.95View Products
8' Heavy-Duty Plastic Truck Blocks
8' Long, Solid
Made For Trucks
As Low As $189.00View Products
Garage Stop Curb
Park in same spot
As Low As $17.95View Products
Guide to Selecting Recycled Parking Stops
Concrete can't Compare
Recycled parking blocks do more than rescue pounds of discarded materials from U.S. landfills -- they perform better.
- More Pliable: Prevents breakage and vehicle damage.
- Maximum Lifespan: Withstands impact and weather!
- Low Shipping Costs: Light enough to carry
- Self-Installation: Removable for street maintenance
- No Internal Hardware: Means less liability
- No Maintenance: Molded-in dye; won't fade or stain!
- LEED Credits: Each block reuses pounds of waste
- Recycled Blocks Improve Safety: Learn How
Three Steps to Select the Right Parking Block
Step 1: Identify the Type of Parking Lot
For Paved Commercial Lots, Choose Recycled Plastic Commercial Blocks
- 6-foot length is ideal for cars, vans and light trucks
- Light-weight and easy to transport – Just 16 lbs
- Injection-molded for superior durability – three year replacement warranty with normal use*
For Gravel or Aged Pavement Choose Recycled Rubber Blocks
- Flexes slightly to accommodate unfinished surfaces
- Cats-eye reflectors for supreme night-time visibility
- 3-foot, 4-foot, and 6-foot lengths: Stack for custom length or use as bike lane protectors
For Standard and Large-Scale Lots, Choose Recycled Plastic Industrial Blocks
- Lowest weight available – just 14lbs!
- Exceptionally cost effective for large orders
- Interior structure provides maximum support
- Lifetime replacement warranty with normal use*
For Commercial Truck Lots Choose Recycled Plastic Heavy-Duty Truck Blocks
- Heavy Duty for the most demanding applications – 8-feet long, 100 lbs
- Lifetime replacement warranty with normal use*
Step 2: Choose a Color*
- Highly visible to both drivers and pedestrians
- Most popular color for both plastic and rubber
- The conventional look
- Looks like concrete, but preform better
- Available in plastic blocks only
- Match parking lot lines, for a consistent look
- Not recommended for snowy regions – can blend with snow to create a tripping hazard
- Marks accessibility spaces
- official color recognized by ADA
Step 3: Choose Self-Install Hardware, Free With Purchase
12” Galvanized Steel Spikes
-- Asphalt or Gravel
10" Lag Bolts & Anchors
-- Concrete or Asphalt
5” Large Diameter ‘TapCons’ (LDT)
-- Concrete only
18" Galvanized Steel Spikes
-- Asphalt, Gravel, Dirt (Best Option for Truck Blocks)
What are Home Garage Stops and How do you Use them?
The Home Garage Stops is a freestanding parking aid-- it has no installation hardware. These stops work by catching the front tire, letting the driver know it’s time to stop. Great for assisting teenagers, seniors and other vulnerable drivers.
Home Garage Stops Offer:
- No Installation; wedges between tire and floor
- Protection for Valuables and garage walls
- Easy to Spot brilliant markings for maximum visibility
- 100% Reused Tire Rubber, the toughest stuff on the market
Expert's Tip: Use a Sharpie to mark a permanent spot for your garage parking aid. This will allow you to return the garage stop to its precise location when you clean the space – or if a child or pet kicks it out of place.
Recycled Blocks Minimize Slip and Fall and other Hazards...
When concrete breaks, it leaves chunks strewn in the path of unsuspecting pedestrians. Recycled blocks, with superior elasticity, are harder to break and impossible to crumble.
Vibrant colors also make recycled products the safer choice. Because dye is molded throughout -- not just on the surface -- this product is guaranteed to stay highly-visible for the entirety of its use.
How do Post-Consumer Materials become Parking Blocks?
Thanks to advancements in recycling technology, we can now process used rubber and plastics with extreme pressure and heat. The result is a new type of material that's simultaneously more dense and more lightweight than anything else on the market:
What are parking blocks used for?
Parking blocks help establish multiple parking slots in a designated area. They can also be used to:
How Much do Parking Blocks Weigh?
Approximate weights for 6' parking block:
- Concrete = 245lbs
- Recycled Rubber = 40lbs Recycled Plastic = 16lbs
Can a Driver Roll Over a Parking Block?
Recycled Parking Blocks and Garage Stops provide stopping cues -- both visual and physical. Should a driver ignore these cues and fail to slow to a stop, it is possible to roll over these devices. Thanks to improved elasticity of recycled materials, however, these devices are unlikely to break or cause vehicle damage.
What are ADA's Accessible Parking Regulation?
Marked accessible parking must be provided by all businesses, facilities and public agencies:
When is the Lot Owner Liable for Injuries Sustained?
If the lot/garage owner had prior knowledge of the dangerous condition –either through regular inspection or notice -- and enough time to fix it.
If the dangerous condition is large enough to be seen or has been reported by an employee or other person.
What Conditions Create ‘Slip and Fall’ Liability?
Aside from cracked or damaged pavement, dangerous conditions include:
How do I Calculate Total Parking Slots on a Lot?
The standard parking slot is 9’ X 18’ or 162 sq feet. Isles should be 12' for one-way traffic and 20' for two-way. Therefore:
- Surface area in sq ft
- (subtract) Isle area
- (divided by) 162
- = Total # of slots
What is the Most Efficient Angle for Parking Slots?
Angling parking slots at 30-degrees allows you to shorten slot length to 16'10”. By comparison, 90-degree angle slots must be a full 18’ while parallel slots should be at least 24’ long.